Wednesday, February 8, 2012

This is a test

I'm mostly just trying out this blog thing, seeing how it works and such. I'm intending to borrow some ideas on blogging from some of the folks over at Homesteadingtoday.com You can find them over there as DeaconJim and Ernie.

For now I'll mostly be playing with the layouts and learning the various functions, so I don't really consider this a live blog yet. Eventually I may post my more contentious thoughts here instead of on the forum I frequent. This will, I think, give me a little more control over my own content, and allow me the security of knowing that if someone isn't happy with something I say the content will remain just the same.

The problem with a web forum is trolls and dissent. While I do enjoy a good dissenter, it does become a problem when they simply shout you down or out right lie to discredit the message you're trying to relay. Troll are, well just idiots with nothing better to do than talk shit.

Oh yeah, part of the control of content means I can swear again. I do tend to do that, you've been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment